family fun downtown salmon arm!
Inclusive Arts is reopening its doors on Tuesday, June 9th after being shutdown since March due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Holy smokes, that was a long haul!!
Although, we are opening, things are going to work a bit differently in the studio due to the social distancing protocols we are required to follow. This means all classes and groups, such as birthday parties and corporate team-building events, will not be possible for the time being. Likewise, our beloved walk-in ceramic painting will also be on hold due to social distancing requirements and the nature of this activity, i.e. shared tools and products. COVID-19 has forced much change for everyone, and we are no different.
So what does this mean for Inclusive Arts...?
I have spent the past couple months working on a completely new system and business plan for the studio. This has involved extensive renovations in the studio and a completely new setup, which I think turned out beautiful and I hope you do too!
What can you expect when you come to the studio?
- An expanded selection of ceramic bisqueware for your painting pleasure! Yes, you can still paint ceramics!!!
- A greatly expanded gift shop featuring pottery and local artisan crafts.
- A brand new retail experience, featuring a full line of bisque-stains and glazes, pottery tools, professional air dry clays, alcohol inks, paints, varnish & sealants, resin kits, canvas, lots of hard to find crafty notions and our new exciting selection of FIBRE ART SUPPLIES!!
- Ceramic figures will now be offered as a take-home project. When you visit the studio you will choose from stain or glaze options and build your own painting package! If using glaze, you will need to return your painted item for kiln firing. This will go hand-in-hand with some really fun tutorial videos we will be offering on this site (coming soon!).
- Of note: If you have a project that was "In Progress" at the time of shutdown, it is still here waiting for you and the studio will supply you with what you need to finish your project at no additional cost.
It is my hope that as we move into Phase 3 and 4 of COVID-19 the studio will be able to start to bring back classes, albeit on a smaller scale.
For now, I really hope you will drop by the studio and check out all the new things we have to offer, or even just to say hello. I have missed my wonderful crafty friends tremendously!
Stay well friends ((Hugs)) ~Barb
Oscar, the supervisor of Inclusive Arts, will be available for artistic consultations during business hours, weather permitting.
Once the COVID-19 situation has resolved, we will be proud to offer our regular classes & programs (see below).
kid's art club
Designed for children 6-12 years with a different art/craft medium explored each week!
Fun for all ages!
Walk-In Ceramic Painting!
81 Hudson Ave NE
Salmon Arm, BC
Tues: 10 am - 5 pm
Wed: 10 am - 5 pm
Thurs: 10 am - 5 pm
Fri: 10 am - 5 pm
Sat: 10 am - 5 pm